Welcome to Bangkok for Vegans!
This blog is part of our main website, where we offer information and tips on how to make your stay in Bangkok easier. In our site you’ll be able to find vegan restaurant listings, information about the vegan food options available in many of the city’s shopping centres, food courts, shops, and night markets, and more.
Why read this blog?
As one of South East Asia’s biggest cities, Bangkok can be both exciting and overwhelming. The vegan scene has changed a lot since we first started coming to the city almost 20 years ago, and now it’s pretty easy to find all kinds of vegan goodies in Bangkok.
Wait, did we say it’s pretty easy to find vegan goods in Bangkok? Well, sometimes it isn’t, especially if you’re new to the city or if you’re just here for a short time. Sure, you can always use HappyCow, but here are a couple of things this project can do that HappyCow can’t:
- We have insider knowledge of the city and ties to the local vegan business community, so we know what’s happening when and where.
- We know the language, the food, and the culture. This is hugely important when it comes to understanding certain things about veganism in Thailand, and this is something that apps can’t offer.
- We love this city and never cease to be amazed by it, and we want you to have a great experience as a vegan in Bangkok too!
The point of this blog is to complement our main website and to become a source of interesting and useful information. Some of the topics we’ll be covering here are:
- Vegan businesses in Bangkok / Businesses offering vegan products. In particular, we want to promote local startups
- Travel and lifestyle tips
- Interesting places and destinations within Bangkok or the metropolitan area
- Neighbourhood guides